4/17/12

Life after the Watchtower

It has been a while since I have written a good and juicy article. So I wanted to toss in a current rant to at least give you a picture of where I am now. Life for me is now on my terms. I am proud, happy, and most importantly, at peace. In the last 3 years, now about to be four this month, I have divorced, lost a job, been laid off, dated, finished school, gotten best paying job, gotten my own place, and now I am saving up for a home. I'd have to say that the turn around is a real blessing. I have learned alot about myself and continue to. The latest element of my learning process has been about me and relationships. Apparently I work better alone. Probably just a preference or It could be something more. Either way, I seem to think clearer as a lone being. Hey, it works for me it may not for others. The whole point is that I am now thinking about things regular non-witness folks think about. Relationships, future, homes; outside the watchtower frame of reference... This is life on this planet right now. I can deal with the future as it gets closer. Of course the more I unplug from the organization, the less I have need of fighting it. The more distance from me it becomes, the less pain it seems to cause. I look back on this blog with fondness and will compile this into a memoir eventually once I gather a specific plan on how to design it. For those just leaving the watchtower, please write your experiences down. The reason you get out is probably the reason your other counterparts are getting out. It seems the wave of discontent is shared among the dissenters at particular moments. So WRITE! May God bless your Journey!

No comments: